Today, the NEA announced its first round of 2016 funding with $27.7 million going to 1,126 projects.
- Austin Film Society, $45,000: To support the presentation of several curated film and video series.
- Zach Theatre, $40,000: To support a production of “Tribes” by Nina Raine.
- Creative Action, $35,000: To support the Creative Action after school and teen programs.
- Fusebox Festival, $25,000: To support the multidisciplinary performance group Big Dance Theatre and a site specific work by composer Steve Parker.
- Women & Their Work, $20,000: To support a series of solo exhibitions for emerging women artists of Texas.
- Great Promise for American Indians, $10,000: To support the Texas American Indian Heritage Day and Austin Powwow.